Careers at Freedom Boat Club of Maine
At Freedom Boat Club of Maine, we are dedicated to providing our members with the best possible service and we know that in order to do that, we need to employ the highest skilled employees and technicians we can. As such, we understand the importance of supporting a positive work environment and are committed to investing in our employees through generous benefits and training.
- Competitive pay
- Health insurance
- Long term and short term disability
- Life insurance
- Continued career training and support
Job Status: Part-time/Seasonal
Supervisor: Director of Operations
Pay Type: $50/hour with commission opportunities
Work Schedule/Start date: Flexible/Starting April – October 2021
Freedom Boat Club is looking to add a highly customer-focused US Coast Guard Captain to provide training and on-boarding for our club members through classroom and on the water training. Good communication skills and friendly customer service required. The position will require weekend hours as needed and is part-time with flexible schedule. COVID-19 precautions, sanitizing procedures, and social distancing guidelines are in place. Personal protective equipment is provided and required.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Will provide standardized, company approved classroom and on the water safety and navigational training to new Freedom Boat Club members.
- Greet customers in a friendly, upbeat, courteous, and professional manner.
- Must be able to maintain a calm, positive attitude during periods of high activity and always ensure impeccable customer service standards of quality are met.
- Must familiarize self with local waters to provide key local knowledge tips and basic chart guidance to members.
Skills & Requirements
- Seeking candidate that has a positive outlook, a strong work ethic, and is a great team player with cooperative attitude in working with supervisors and fellow employees.
- Candidates must hold a US Coast Guard Captains License.
- Must love working around the water and have extensive experience operating small, outboard powered vessels (21-25 ft) similar to our FBC fleet boats.
- Must have highly effective communication skills and impeccable customer service abilities.
- Previous instructor experience is highly desirable.
- Must be a self-starter and capable of working unsupervised.
- Always operate with an emphasis on guest hospitality.
- Must be organized with a high attention to detail and adhere to all safety policies.
- Physical ability to lift/carry up to 30 lbs and be able to board/un-board boats.
- This position requires the employee to spend significant time outside in all weather conditions and weekend shifts are required as needed.
- Must pass a background check.
About Freedom Boat Club of Maine
Freedom Boat Club offers an affordable alternative to boat ownership. Club members enjoy maintenance-free boating and unlimited access to fleets of new model year boats at our five Maine locations plus 275+ clubs across the U.S., Canada, and Europe at no extra charge. With no repair or cleaning concerns, boaters can just enjoy creating lifelong memories being on the water with their family and friends. Fleet vessels in Maine include 22-25 foot center and dual consoles, cruisers, rigid inflatables, and pontoon boats.
Clubs currently operate out of Yarmouth Boat Yard on the Royal River at 72 Lafayette Street in Yarmouth, at Moose Landing Marina in the Sebago Lakes Region at 32 Moose Landing Trail in Naples, at Linekin Bay Resort in Boothbay Harbor at 92 Wall Point Road, Fore Points Marina in downtown Portland at 58 Fore Street, and at Sunset Marina at 231 Front Street in South Portland. For more information, visit www.FreedomBoatClubMaine.com.
To apply to this job, email resume and cover letter to [email protected]